Let’s set this shit straight, shall we?
Oxytocin is a chemical released in the brain that helps with emotional bonding and trust. It’s a hormone that makes people feel all lovey dovey. This hormone is released by males and females when you have an orgasm, touching, giving birth, breastfeeding, and other pleasurable activities (such as petting your dog, cuddling, hugging, masturbating, etc).
Oxytocin doesn’t connect you to someone forever. Hormones are an effect that linger for a little while (anything from a few hours to a few days) and then goes away until the next surge. A woman will not feel forever attached and “mentally messed up” for the rest of her life if she has sex with someone who she later splits with. What a pile of bullshit.
This post reinforces 2 myths:
MYTH: That women must “save” herself for “the one”
REALITY: If a woman wants to have sex with only 1 person in her lifetime, that’s her decision…and anybody who thinks it’s OK to scare her into that decision can seriously go fuck themselves.
MYTH: Men can’t feel emotionally connected to anyone until they have kids.
FACT: Men can connect emotionally just like women can and they experience oxytocin release as well. This myth also implies that if a woman wants to connect to her male partner, they must have kids to do so.
Further, oxytocin is not ”nature’s way” of telling us to only have sex with one person. In our primitive history, humans were rarely monogamous. In recent centuries, society has taken to forcing people (and apparently, scaring them) into only having sex with 1 person, but in reality, this almost never happens. The vast majority of people have sex with more than 1 person in their lifetime.
And guess what? None of us are “mentally messed up” because of it.
- thekattspajamas likes this
- breeslostcontrol reblogged this from lacigreen and added:
- leedzie reblogged this from meltymole
- malorey09 likes this
- scrissman13 likes this
- shananiganns reblogged this from lacigreen
- captain-twisted-sister reblogged this from jack
- captain-twisted-sister likes this
- allmybandsareacronyms reblogged this from arela-fallen-angel
- forthetrees reblogged this from jack
- arela-fallen-angel reblogged this from jack
- arela-fallen-angel likes this
- susanne93 reblogged this from jack
- llamalord69 reblogged this from sarah--lutz
- llamalord69 likes this
- sarah--lutz reblogged this from jack
- iloveyou-sleepyhead reblogged this from jack
- basedboy400 likes this
- basedboy400 reblogged this from jack
- radioactive-kittyva reblogged this from jack
- groover402 likes this
- mickiib2 reblogged this from jack
- mickiib2 likes this
- jack reblogged this from alenaland
- juniorsailmakermattcruse likes this
- thehighpriestessofcuddles reblogged this from submarineswithpolaris
- alenaland reblogged this from lacigreen
- submarineswithpolaris reblogged this from lacigreen
- theflamintampon likes this
- kathlynchuson likes this
- clickernoises likes this
- evolvedkinkycanuck reblogged this from matildawormgood
- evolvedkinkycanuck likes this
- matildawormgood reblogged this from lacigreen
- vegadandelion likes this
- skateboardseduction likes this
- smalllady124 likes this
- dallasworth reblogged this from lacigreen
- dallasworth likes this
- irrelevantproblems reblogged this from jiovanniee
- irrelevantproblems likes this
- jiovanniee likes this
- jiovanniee reblogged this from lacigreen
- lovingmrsdcl likes this
- beaucoupdechangement likes this
- bravenewutopia reblogged this from lacigreen
- foreverc0nfused likes this
- lexxibexxi likes this
- windowsills likes this