Let’s set this shit straight, shall we?
Oxytocin is a chemical released in the brain that helps with emotional bonding and trust. It’s a hormone that makes people feel all lovey dovey. This hormone is released by males and females when you have an orgasm, touching, giving birth, breastfeeding, and other pleasurable activities (such as petting your dog, cuddling, hugging, masturbating, etc).
Oxytocin doesn’t connect you to someone forever. Hormones are an effect that linger for a little while (anything from a few hours to a few days) and then goes away until the next surge. A woman will not feel forever attached and “mentally messed up” for the rest of her life if she has sex with someone who she later splits with. What a pile of bullshit.
This post reinforces 2 myths:
MYTH: That women must “save” herself for “the one”
REALITY: If a woman wants to have sex with only 1 person in her lifetime, that’s her decision…and anybody who thinks it’s OK to scare her into that decision can seriously go fuck themselves.
MYTH: Men can’t feel emotionally connected to anyone until they have kids.
FACT: Men can connect emotionally just like women can and they experience oxytocin release as well. This myth also implies that if a woman wants to connect to her male partner, they must have kids to do so.
Further, oxytocin is not ”nature’s way” of telling us to only have sex with one person. In our primitive history, humans were rarely monogamous. In recent centuries, society has taken to forcing people (and apparently, scaring them) into only having sex with 1 person, but in reality, this almost never happens. The vast majority of people have sex with more than 1 person in their lifetime.
And guess what? None of us are “mentally messed up” because of it.
- foreverc0nfused likes this
- lexxibexxi likes this
- windowsills likes this
- schrodingers-equation reblogged this from lacigreen
- ghostswans likes this
- eelhsa-skcus reblogged this from gunmetalskies
- eelhsa-skcus likes this
- annathetraveler likes this
- george-g53 reblogged this from lacigreen
- gandanga likes this
- childofswords likes this
- rhinosareattacking reblogged this from lacigreen
- rhinosareattacking likes this
- louiesleepsalot reblogged this from lacigreen
- louiesleepsalot likes this
- thequantumjumper likes this
- simplythirteen reblogged this from lacigreen
- paperthrone reblogged this from lacigreen
- fandomsandrubbish likes this
- orankranberry likes this
- mollycool- reblogged this from bariette
- bariette reblogged this from lacigreen
- mimilaangelica likes this
- spoopypsyches reblogged this from feistyqueer
- feistyqueer reblogged this from wolfgangbaldwin
- wolfgangbaldwin reblogged this from lacigreen
- magnificentlyexquisite reblogged this from lacigreen
- wrenartist likes this
- veebat likes this
- delightful-horror reblogged this from lacigreen
- yeahdudeeeeee reblogged this from lacigreen
- katieisstillalive reblogged this from morganisstillalive
- katieisstillalive likes this
- cuddlingincars reblogged this from foreverrdreamerr
- thatonestripedsweater likes this
- morganisstillalive reblogged this from foreverrdreamerr
- morganisstillalive likes this
- foreverrdreamerr reblogged this from nostalgicpatter
- foreverrdreamerr likes this
- hippychickally reblogged this from imreason2breathe
- imreason2breathe reblogged this from lacigreen
- awesomesauceisbestsauce likes this
- realityvsadventure likes this
- nostalgicpatter likes this
- nostalgicpatter reblogged this from lacigreen
- mayhemii likes this
- larrystylinsonblogs2014 likes this
- tarqtheshark reblogged this from louistopsfuckers and added:
- tarqtheshark likes this
- amandaweisel likes this