Let’s set this shit straight, shall we?
Oxytocin is a chemical released in the brain that helps with emotional bonding and trust. It’s a hormone that makes people feel all lovey dovey. This hormone is released by males and females when you have an orgasm, touching, giving birth, breastfeeding, and other pleasurable activities (such as petting your dog, cuddling, hugging, masturbating, etc).
Oxytocin doesn’t connect you to someone forever. Hormones are an effect that linger for a little while (anything from a few hours to a few days) and then goes away until the next surge. A woman will not feel forever attached and “mentally messed up” for the rest of her life if she has sex with someone who she later splits with. What a pile of bullshit.
This post reinforces 2 myths:
MYTH: That women must “save” herself for “the one”
REALITY: If a woman wants to have sex with only 1 person in her lifetime, that’s her decision…and anybody who thinks it’s OK to scare her into that decision can seriously go fuck themselves.
MYTH: Men can’t feel emotionally connected to anyone until they have kids.
FACT: Men can connect emotionally just like women can and they experience oxytocin release as well. This myth also implies that if a woman wants to connect to her male partner, they must have kids to do so.
Further, oxytocin is not ”nature’s way” of telling us to only have sex with one person. In our primitive history, humans were rarely monogamous. In recent centuries, society has taken to forcing people (and apparently, scaring them) into only having sex with 1 person, but in reality, this almost never happens. The vast majority of people have sex with more than 1 person in their lifetime.
And guess what? None of us are “mentally messed up” because of it.
- awesomesauceisbestsauce likes this
- realityvsadventure likes this
- nostalgicpatter likes this
- nostalgicpatter reblogged this from lacigreen
- mayhemii likes this
- larrystylinsonblogs2014 likes this
- tarqtheshark reblogged this from louistopsfuckers and added:
- tarqtheshark likes this
- amandaweisel likes this
- fuzzycuffmehoran reblogged this from louistopsfuckers
- obroseynation reblogged this from guzmainia
- guzmainia reblogged this from set-larry-free and added:
- guzmainia likes this
- set-larry-free reblogged this from louistopsfuckers
- webothknowthereislittlehope likes this
- louistopsfuckers reblogged this from 99gooday
- louistopsfuckers likes this
- lucindapinda reblogged this from alohamaiaa
- 99gooday reblogged this from alohamaiaa
- vctandrea likes this
- alohamaiaa reblogged this from lacigreen
- anneliesebitchplease reblogged this from feministdisney
- sshiz reblogged this from lacigreen
- oxtilloverdose likes this
- affames-de-la-petite-mort reblogged this from sailtowardthehorizon
- gorgeousxgracie likes this
- sailtowardthehorizon reblogged this from imdeanbytheway
- imdeanbytheway reblogged this from lacigreen
- scramblingtostop likes this
- i-am-libna reblogged this from t-b-f-c
- meangirlgames74 reblogged this from lacigreen
- meangirlgames74 likes this
- itspenisbutterjellytime likes this
- love-yourself-like-i-love-you likes this
- tastethebreeze likes this
- andabitalarming likes this
- missingyouissuchsweetsorrow reblogged this from lacigreen
- playful-beginnings likes this
- xxivix likes this
- shutyourprettym0uth likes this
- janeelovely reblogged this from lacigreen and added:
- deep-in-the-ocean likes this
- sundaimorningrainisfalling reblogged this from lacigreen
- otaku-neko-chan reblogged this from lacigreen
- xisforyou reblogged this from lacigreen
- xisforyou likes this
- stmichaelsitaly likes this
- hoedemort likes this
- aannggeellll likes this
- phantomviolet likes this